Terms and Conditions
Last Update 6th September 2019
Welcome to the Collection Cosmetics website
Welcome to the Collection website at shop.collectioncosmetics.co.uk, incorporating all links to and from pages dedicated to Collection hosted on third party websites such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube (together and each "the Site").
Access and use of the Site is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you start to use the site, whether as a guest or a registered user. By accessing or using the Site, you indicate that you have read, understood, and agreed, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions (or any part thereof) please refrain from using the Site.
These Terms and Conditions incorporate:
- General Terms
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Placing an Order
- Prices and Currency
- Promotions and Offers
- Intellectual Property Rights
- User Content
- Company Information
Accessing the Site
Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions, and that they comply with them.
Product Details and other Content
We take all reasonable care to ensure that all product details, commentary and other materials or content appearing on the Site are correct at the time when they were uploaded onto the Site. However, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not warrant that the Site, any service or feature of the Site and the product details, commentary and other materials or content available on the Site are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free or that the content is appropriate for any country that the Site may be accessed from outside the UK. Product details, commentary and other materials or content posted on the Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. To the extent permitted by law, we and other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Amendments to these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to revise or update these Terms and Conditions at any time by amending this page and you are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we have made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Site and your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to all such revised or updated Terms and Conditions.
Suspension and Termination
We may, with or without prior notice, terminate any of the rights granted by these Terms and Conditions. You shall comply immediately with any termination or other notice, including, as applicable, by ceasing all use of the Site. We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach or suspected breach of any part of these Terms and Conditions through your use of the Site and when a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate including taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach and any other further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms and Conditions.
The responses described in these Terms and Conditions are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Relationship between you and Collection Cosmetics
Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between you and Collection Cosmetics or any of its agents or representatives.
Remedies for breach
A waiver by us of any particular breach of these Terms and Conditions or any failure by us to exercise a particular remedy in relation to such breach will not constitute a waiver of other breaches or remedies available to us. The rights and remedies provided by these Terms and Conditions are cumulative and are not exclusive of any rights or remedies provided by law.
In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be illegal, unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law or be so held by any applicable court decision, it is to be treated as being severed from these Terms and Conditions in the relevant jurisdiction, but such illegality, unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms and Conditions illegal, unenforceable or invalid as a whole. We reserve the right to amend or replace such provision with one that is legal, valid and enforceable in the relevant jurisdiction and which achieves, to the extent possible, our original objectives and intent as reflected in the original provision. The legality, validity and enforceability of the provision in any other jurisdiction will not be affected.
Linking to the Site
You may link to the home page of the Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, affiliation, sponsorship or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy below.
Linking from the Site
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over, nor do we endorse, the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Viruses, Hacking and other Offences
You must not misuse the Site in any way, including in the manner described in the Acceptable Use Policy set out below. In particular, you must not carry out any activity which could amount to a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any actual or suspected breach of law to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
The material displayed on the Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its quality, accuracy, non-infringement of third party rights, or compatibility with your computer. To the extent permitted by law, we and other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. You shall indemnify and hold harmless us and our employees, agents and representatives against third party claims brought about by your use or misuse of the Site, breach of these Terms and Conditions or infringement of any third party intellectual property rights.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
These Terms and Conditions and any claim or dispute relating to them or the Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any such claim or dispute.
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms under which you may access and contribute to the Site and applies to all users of, and visitors to, the Site. Your use of the Site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this Acceptable Use Policy, which forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
You may only use the Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- For commercial purposes except where expressly permitted in writing by us.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, publish, communicate or re-sell any part of the Site in contravention of the provisions of any part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Not to access (or attempt to access) without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of the Site; the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site; any equipment or network on which the Site is stored; any software used in the provision of the Site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Not to attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the Site, including but not limited to: chat rooms; bulletin boards; blog pages; photo diaries; research polls and questionnaires; and links/feeds to and from third party websites such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Where we provide interactive services, we will provide information about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on the Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation and what kind of moderation to use). However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them. Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you and other users contribute to the Site ("Contribution"), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter and the standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole. Contributions must be accurate (where they state facts), be genuinely held (where they state opinions) and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material or violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property or other right of any other person.
- Be likely to mislead or deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Placing an Order
To place an order with us:
- Find the product(s) you want on the shop.collectionscosmetics.co.uk website
- Select the colour option you want and press ‘Add to Basket’
- Once you’ve added all of the items you require to your basket, select the checkout option
- You will be asked to input your shipping and billing details
- Review your order to ensure all items and details are correct
- Press ‘Place Order’
- You will receive an order confirmation email to the email address provided at the time of ordering
In the unlikely circumstance we’d be unable to fulfill your order for whatever reason, an email will be sent to the address supplied by yourself when you placed the order explaining the issue that may have arose.
Remember to check your basket and delivery information to ensure your order is correct before pressing the ‘Place Your Order’ button, as we are not be able to amend your order once it has been submitted.
Right to Reject or Cancel Your Order
Collection Cosmetics reserves the right to cancel your order fulfilment of all orders on the shop.collectioncosmetics.co.uk website. We explicitly reserve the right not to accept your order for any of the following reasons:
- The product is not available / in stock
- Your billing information is not correct or not verifiable
- Your order has been suspected of fraudulent activity
- We are unable to deliver to the address provided
- In the event of misspelling, pricing or other errors or mistakes in the website information
- Force Majeure
We may run some checks on your details before we ship your order. These checks may include verifying your address and payment details linked to your order. Any orders found to be made under fraudulent pretences will be followed up with an investigation.
Prices and Currency
The product prices displayed on the website are inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT). Shipping rates are applied per order. The exact shipping rates depend on the country where your order is being delivered.
Prices May Vary Across Stores
Conversion rates may apply.
Collection Cosmetics reserves the right to change the price of a product any time without any forewarning. Any orders placed prior to this change cannot be amended to the revised price.
All orders made on the shop.collectioncosmetics.co.uk website are dispatched from the UK. We aim to get all orders out on the same day; however, due to volumes this is not always possible. Tracking numbers, if applicable, are included in dispatch confirmation emails.
Collection Cosmetics cannot be held accountable for parcels delayed to reasons beyond our control, including but not limited to the following:
Customs, service strikes, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, weather, natural disasters, fire, epidemics or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
* Free delivery is only applicable to UK orders over the basket value of £12. Your order will dispatched on our standard service (1-3 working days). Offer available for a limited time only.*
Countries outside of the European Union may be subject to additional duties to be paid.
As the recipient, you are liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you reside in; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.
The final value of your order does not include any additional duties required. The carrier, prior to delivery, will inform you of the additional duties.
If you refuse to pay the duties to release your order, the order will subsequently be returned back to the Collection Cosmetics warehouse and refunded. A shipping & handling fee may be deducted from your refund.
By law, Collection Cosmetics is required to state the correct amount paid for any outgoing international package. Any requests to change this information will be denied.
At present we do not offer order tracking.
Promotions and Offers
Once a gift card has been issued, the card becomes that customers’ property.
Gift Cards cannot be used in the purchase of another Gift Card.
Collection Cosmetics reserves the right to refuse or cancel a gift card without any further discussion.
Gift cards are valid until the end of October 2019, and don’t need to be spent all at once.
Gift cards are only valid on the site in which they have been purchased from i.e. shop.collectioncosmetics.co.uk gift card purchases can only be utilised on the shop.collectioncosmetics.co.uk.
Only one discount code can be used per order.
Collection Cosmetics reserves the right to refuse or cancel the use of a discount code without any further discussion.
Usage of discount codes are subject to stock availability.
Promotions may vary across stores.
To qualify for free shipping, you need to order from your dedicated store
Intellectual Property Rights
Collection Cosmetics owns all intellectual property rights in the website and in the material published on it. These works are protected by copyright laws worldwide.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Collection Cosmetics’ web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials, use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Collection Cosmetics’ web site; remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Collection Cosmetics at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
When you transmit, upload, post, e-mail, share, distribute, reproduce or otherwise make available suggestions, ideas, inquiries, feedback, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, images, videos, messages or other materials ("User Content") on the Site, you are entirely responsible for such User Content. You hereby grant to us a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unrestricted, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, copy, license, sublicense, adapt, distribute, display, publicly perform, reproduce, transmit, modify, edit, and otherwise exploit such User Content throughout the world, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including without limitation, developing, manufacturing, distributing and marketing products.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control the rights to your User Content. You agree not to engage in or assist or encourage others to engage in transmitting, uploading, posting, e-mailing, sharing, distributing, reproducing, or otherwise making available User Content that (a) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (b) you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (c) is known by you to be false, fraudulent, inaccurate or misleading; (d) you were compensated for or granted any consideration by any third party; or (e) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
We are in no way responsible for examining or evaluating User Content, nor do we assume any responsibility or liability for the User Content. We do not endorse or control the User Content transmitted or posted on the Site and therefore, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of User Content. You understand that by using the Site, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable to you. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any User Content, including without limitation, for any errors or omissions in any User Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred by you as a result of the use of any User Content transmitted, uploaded, posted, e-mailed or otherwise made available via the Site. You hereby waive all rights to any claims against us for any alleged or actual infringements of any proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, moral rights, and rights of attribution in connection with User Content.
You acknowledge that we have the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse to post or remove any User Content and we reserve the right to change, condense, or delete any User Content. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, we have the right to remove any User Content that violates these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable and we reserve the right to refuse service and/or terminate accounts without prior notice for any users who violate these Terms and Conditions or infringe the rights of others.
Deletion of User Content
If you wish to delete your user content on our website, please contact us by email at email@example.com and include the following information in your deletion request: first name, user name/screen name (if applicable), email address associated with our website, your reason for deleting the posting, and date(s) of posting(s) you wish to delete (if you have it). We may not be able to process your deletion request if you are unable to provide such information to us. Please allow up to 10 business days to process your deletion request.
About Collection Cosmetics:
Collection Cosmetics is the supplier and manufacturer of Collection in the UK and elsewhere. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales:
4th Floor, Alaska House
Dunnings Bridge Road
Company no: 483352
The Site (shop.collectioncosmetics.co.uk) is operated by Astound Commerce UK, on behalf of Collection Cosmetics:
Astound Commerce UK
16 Hoxton Square
Company no: 09794290